Tuesday, September 15, 2009

It's Just a Whole Lot.


Life is a lot. A whole lot, but lately it's been more. My mind seems to be mush in a few different areas. I'm a collector of quotes, of words, of lyrics. I can't even begin to count the amount of random post-it notes that can be found all over my home, car, stuffed in books, etc. On the post-its? Words. Some mine, some others. 

This is posted on the mirror in my bathroom. It's been there for nearly a year and 4 months. I love it. 

She knows me so intimately, and trusts me so completely, that she no longer depends on my voice, loving glances or other outward signs to know my approval. She is not dismayed or discouraged by any circumstances that I arrange for her to encounter. She trusts me when common sense, reason and even every subtle instinct of the natural heart would rebel, knowing that I am preparing her for eternity and realizing that the understanding of what I do will come later. 
This is where I want to be...

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love you, Melissa. And this quote too. Thinking I need to write it down myself.

Tracy said...

so. good.

Sarah Butler said...

i really love it when you blog. it makes me so very happy. and also when we have very, very important conference calls regarding very, very serious matters.

J said...

I needed to read that today. Thanks Melissa. :)

Tracey said...

have you been reading my thoughts lately?

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.