Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Creeping.

Today is one of those days. Nothing terrible, just this creeping feeling. I have this sticky, strange situation in my life that I am constantly trying to control, and in the midst of my failed attempts the feeling creeps in. 

The worst one of all, inadequacy. 

It tightens around my throat, crippling my thoughts, making it nearly impossible to focus on the task at hand. I know that it's a snowball effect. I know that I need to choose joy, I totally intend to, but today, today is hard. 

2 comments:

Megan said...

Melis, I love you!

Sarah Butler said...

Lissa - you are so much more than adequate! you are wonderful and amazing and strong and kind and generous and there is nothing inadequate about you. You cannot control every situation, only your actions in that situation. And you're doing a great job at that. So. Like I said, come on over for some extra love any old time - after all, what is franily for? ;)

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.