Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ode to my Madre

Madre and her girls

Oh sweet Madre.  You really are my favorite.  I miss you.  Darn those hours between us. 

Today I took a little trip to the County Courthouse.  I walked from my office in the freezing cold, nearly got ran over by a guy on a razor scooter and had to deal with the crazies at the bus stop. I was freezing, and flustered, and creeped out.  I entered the building and there is was, the smell of my Madre (she has worn the same perfume my entire life).  You never know when you're going to find it!  Today, Yamhill County Courthouse smelled of comfort, of my madre's perfume. What a weird place to find it, but I'm sure glad I did!

Love you!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Awww, I miss you too, Darlin' girl.

Love you,
Madre

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.