Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Switch-A-Roo


It's December 14th, oh my word, and Christmas will be here before we know it!

It's snowing in Mac today, yeah, fully snowing. It's beautiful. Chains are required on the highways, people are sliding around town and I'm sitting here blogging, feeling so blessed that I get to be warm, cozy, full, entertained, employed, and loved. It really seems more like Christmas just has happened upon us this year. If you have been reading my blog at all you know that I've got some serious convictions about giving back, staring poverty in the face and learning all I can about what I have avoided in the past when it comes to injustice, etc.

A few months ago I shared about my friend Matt and his trip-o-la to Africa. Besides having a heart for Africa he has a serious desire to change how we celebrate Christmas. He's done his research, knows his biz and can say it much better than I ever could. If you've got a minute check out his blog here to read all about it. And, then click here for some great ways to give good gifts this year!

I started a Christmas list of my own and added a few links to my favorite organizations on my side bar. I've been coming across all kinds of great new organizations and people who are getting active about giving. They are such an inspiration and I'll be sharing a few of them with you over the next few days. Let's give like it's going out of style this year!

P.S. Suubi necklaces are still available! Let me know if I can send one your way!

No comments:

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.