Monday, August 18, 2008

The search is on...



Someday, yes someday I will attempt the monumental task of taking up quilting as a hobby. I love quilts, they speak history, tell stories and model cozy. Last summer while visiting our family farm in Penn. I was able to come home with seven amazing quilts, which have been handed down over the years within the Schenck family...what a gift!

A couple weeks ago Tracy and I hit up our local quilt shop to find just the thing for our current room re-dos. Tracy and I live in condos with identical (but mirrored) floor plans and are trying to tackle the same room! I gotta give Trac a little bit o' credit here, she started the whole thing. :) So, while Trac transforms her space into a guest room/office I'm working on turning mine into "the studio". We were on the hunt to find fabric to make throw pillows (Trac) and slipcovers for chairs (me). Just stepping into the store makes me happy. The colors overwhelm me, I love it. All hopped up on notions and color and texture I left the store ready to take on the world. Designers like Amy Bulter, Anna Marie Horner and Heather Bailey. I just love, love it all!

I'm still searching for the perfect print for the studio. It a trick to find decor weight fabrics that are fun. I'm thinking maybe I should design my own. But really, how does one get into that sort of thing? Until then, enjoy some of my favorites from these amazingly creative ladies...



4 comments:

Sarah said...

2 and 4 are my faves.

Debby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debby said...

Mmmmm, to quilt - that's a hobby that I'd love to take up too. The patterns and colors are amazing.

Tracy said...

Love the patterns and love your room...it is looking great!

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.