Monday, August 25, 2008

Today...


Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life?

I've been struck with this question posed by Mary Oliver in her poem "The Summer Day". What do I plan to do with my one wild and precious life? Thinking about knowledge and responsibility, willingness and action.

I'm learning, expanding my knowledge. With this knowledge comes responsibility and taking responsibility requires action. What I do with what I know reveals my heart.

I am called to action by these words...

I am only one,
But still I am one.
I cannot do everything,
But still I can do something;
And because I cannot do everything
I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.

~Edward Everett Hale

1 comment:

Sarah said...

First, love the picture. May need to steal it.

Second, I don't know what I'm going to do with my one wild and precious life.

I feel like I've been given a second chance, so to speak, and I feel like there's a reason for that.

What that reason is...not sure yet. But I wanna know.

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.