Friday, August 1, 2008

Do & Re-Do

Here's what I'm learning about myself. Ok, maybe I've known this for a while but I'm finally admitting it to myself.

I NEED A PROJECT.
I ALWAYS NEED A PROJECT.

Seriously. While in the midst of a project I long to have evenings where I can just sit around and not feel like I need to be working. But, as soon as I finish something I can't wait to jump in to something else. Here's my latest...the office! In my new house I have this great room that is solely for creating, getting crafty and doing my thing. But you know me, all must be organized before I can clutter it with my creativeness. I've got to get back to being creative. It's where I find sanity. My friend Tracy knows me all too well, can tell when I've not given myself time to create and totally calls me on it! (I'm so thankful for her!) Simple Spiel has been on the back burner since the move and is about to get a full face lift. But before I can start that the office must be conquered. Here's what I'm thinking.


What do you think? I love it. Totally within my budget...$50.00. Yeah, this project is going to have to be the definition of creative!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Love it, love it, love it! Can't wait to see what you do...seeing as I am redoing that identical room in my house right now:) Let me know if you need my expert opinion on color...oh wait...I suck!! Yay for Simple Spiel getting back on the right burner:)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Good luck.

Sarah said...

So you.

Looking forward to seeing it, you know, some year when we actually get to visit.

How does the first week of Sept. sound?

Joni Rae said...

Well, I must tell you that I LOVE this room and am very partial to the color. This is the exact color of my dining room. I am the "Lime-Green-Queen", you know. I did truly wonder what I had done the morning after I painted the room when I got up and saw the color reflecting on the surrounding walls . . . I still love the color, but I have heard it referred to as "putrid green" by one of Mike's poker buddies. Would you be interested in seeing pictures if I can figure out how to send them to you?

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.