Monday, October 20, 2008

Cha-Cha-Changes


I love changes, really I do, but this one I'm not ready for. I shouldn't say that, I'm ready for a change but not all the work, worry and stress that seems to go along with this type of change. I admit that I haven't really paid much attention to all the hullabaloo going on with the economy, it hadn't affected me too directly until last night. I was laid off due to the fact that my boss can no longer pay my check. Seriously. I'm not taking it personally, I get it. And it wasn't my dream job but it was a job, one that was a long time coming.

So I'm not too sure what direction to go in...where to go from here. I know there is a plan, but I'm not too sure where to start.

Today I got a call from a friend who is finishing grad school and will be looking for a job soon. He called to ask if we could make a little deal between the two of us to hold one another accountable to look for 3 jobs this week that we would really love. What perfect timing! I hadn't told him about the job loss yet but he has been a big advocate the last few years that I am bigger than what I have been doing with my time and talent. So, here we are on the job hunt together.

I keep going back to what I would love, love to do, and the unknown of how it all would work, if I would make enough money to live on and the fear of failure. I'd love your prayers for clarity in the face of decision, provision and peace.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that job might be a little "stiff" for you! I can just see you busting out like a butterfly. Trust Him Sister!
I send my prayers & love ALWAYS!
-Terri

Through the storm you do not walk alone... "I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go: I will guide you with mine eye and watch over you." -Psalm 32:8

jeffrey greene said...

you should move to oly...then we can live together. sound good? deal.

Lindsy said...

Melis! I love you! You can move to Midland and live with me whenev!

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.