Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Get Over It!

They say everything comes full circle. I agree. Like yesterday...
I followed my usual routine, I weekend in Salem (beginning of the circle). My schedule was full, leave Tiffany's drive to McMinnville, interview, drive to Tigard, interview, drive to Beaverton, unpack, get ready to repack for Thursday when I head back to Salem. Have you ever read the book Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad, Day? Well, that was me.


I left Tiff's apartment, got the heel of my cute interview shoes caught in the deck. Propelling me forward, ripping my foot out of the shoe and causing one of those situation where you get up and look around to make sure no one is watching. If someone was watching, I 'm pretty sure I made their day, it was pretty funny. In fact, I wish I could have seen me!

So I get to my interview, it went fine, we will see what happens.

Driving to my second interview I thought I would stop to grab something to drink, that's when it happened. The thing I have been dreading for about 6 years, yes it has happened before, but it's happening more often, and friends, I feel that the end may be near....


....for the Temptress. She has put in her time. Yeah, so she broke down, in a random Taco Time parking lot in Newberg, Oregon. Thank God (and the 'rents) that I have AAA. So she gets towed, by a guy who is missing most of his teeth on the top. HOT!

So, because I weekend in Salem, and who knows how long it will take to fix the Temptress, I have it towed to Salem. And there we are full circle. I am sitting in Tiffany's office/my weekend bedroom typing this blog entry. It all comes back to Salem folks.

And yes, I was able to reschedule my second interview, it's this afternoon, wish me luck, but even more wish me a typical day, you know one full of things NOT to write home about. Truth be told, I always find a fiasco so looks like I'll be writing home...

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Poor Temptress. Oh.my.word!!! Seriously, Melis...I love being able to live vicariously through you. Love that you broke down at Taco Time!

Did you get the tow guys digits?

Brandi said...

Wow I thought the no teeth thing only existed down here in the crack..Too funny. I know how things go or should I say don't go. I have felt lately that when I get my hopes up about something the man upstair send me through yet anohter obsticale course. Wow he really knows how to keep us on our toes huh? Hope all goes well with your interview. I start my second position in the ER on Thurs so I am really excited about that. I am staying in the lab part time and will be down in ER casual till a full time spot opens up. Lots of hours but good pay, but I need it so I can get my place at the end of the year. WOOHOOO I am counting down. GOOD LUCK TODAY!!!!

Lindsy said...

The Temptress has gone strong Melis but it might be time to let her go. I will be mourning her loss when it comes!

amber said...

Temptress.. that kills me. Hopefully she'll make it through this and come out even better than before.

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.