Monday, September 22, 2008

I've got a problem.

A problem with my laughter. See, I love to laugh. My day is not complete without it. I love to laugh with people. I love collecting laughter in my mind. That sounds strange but I think it is just wonderful the way that no ones laugh sounds quite identical to anyone else. It is my favorite to recognize a friend by the sound of their laughter. All of this is not a problem. Laughing with peeps is a grand thing. It's the laughing at people that is not so grand, and I admit I do it all the time.

I laugh at other's misfortune. Not serious misfortune, I have a heart, geez. But sometimes it is hard for me to keep it in when it comes to little things and random strangers. Some times I wish that you all knew just how often I laugh out loud to myself throughout the day, it may be completely abnormal. I have a perfect example from my lunch break today.

I went to the bank to deposit a check. I pull out of the drive and up to a stop light where I will be turning left onto the highway. Across the highway is a McDonald's (the devil's place). Facing me, across the highway, also stopped at the light is a SUV with an older man driving, let's say late 60's.

The light changes, gramps is going straight. I pull into the intersection, positioning myself to take my left yielding turn. Here's the thing, gramps is on a bit of a hill, he's also a slow starter and there is a fairly big dip onto the highway (they really should fix that).

That's when I saw it.

The ice cream cone.

Gramps and his passenger are both highly involved in their McDonald's cones. He didn't see the bump, he had no idea.

He leaned in for a bite. Then the bump.

And ice cream.

Up gramp's nose as he drove through the intersection.

I.KID.YOU.NOT.

It totally made my day. I busted up. The poor guy. As I headed down the highway I saw a kid biff it on his skateboard. Laugh number two. I know, I'm bad. Told you I have problems...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too funny!

Sarah said...

So, everyday I wish I were with you. Everyday.

But more so yesterday. Sooo wish I had been there to laugh with you!

I have the same problem you do, as you know. I'm always laughing at the expense of others.

I'm awful. I admit it.

Anonymous said...

Considering the new NO TALKING OR LAUGHING RULE this makes me giggle!

My favorite part of the day is giggling with you my friend!!

It's nice to no that there is always a party going on in our heads and hearts!
Love ya,
-Terri

Tracy said...

I've got that problem too...or maybe it is everyone else's problem for doing such funny things for us to laugh about:)

amber said...

The ice cream, really funny. But nothing trumps seeing some one bite it. There is noting comparable.. I work at an old folks home, falling people shouldnt be funny to me, but it is. And forever will be

It's a revolution...and we're starting one mailbox at a time.